Friday, March 26, 2010

Registering by Ryan

Usually when I sit down to blog, the first thing I try to do is think of a good name for the post. Whether it's funny or not, I enjoy the challenge of coming up with a title that grabs people's attention right from the start. I say all that because I am completely stumped with this post. When I am writing about things like basketball or intramurals, I have no problem, but for some reason important things give me trouble.

Either way, registration time is here, and it is vitally important to be responsible and get it done. I delayed registering for only a few days, and I still saw many classes that were full or near-full. I got lucky because not many students like history, so most of the classes I wanted had plenty of seats available. But any students in the popular fields like nursing, business, or education really need to get moving, as those classes fill up very quickly. In my experience, advisors are very helpful and work well with each other to help students get into the classes they need.

If you haven't been in touch with your advisor to set up your schedule for the fall, it would be wise to move quickly. I passed through the 3rd floor of the nursing building this morning and nearly every advising sheet on the office doors had quite a few people on them. If there is a class that you need or just want to take badly, it is crucial to register quickly before the class fills up completely. It's definitely worth the peace of mind knowing that your classes are taken care of.

- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment