Friday, March 19, 2010

Do Re Me Fa So La Te Do! by Jenn

Yesterday was a blast! Got to school around 9am and from then on it was music music music music till 1:30ish. I've performed quite a few times before so I'm learning to shake off the nerves and just have fun, but I have to admit I was pretty nervous for a lot of the morning...like
I had Music Theory class before we began preparing for the concert and let me tell you its hard to pay attention when you are randomly remembering "Oh! I have a concert today!" and "Oh! I need to figure out the ending of the song I'm soloing!" haha, but it's all good, once I tied up the loose ends I just enjoyed practicing. The concert kicked off with a Irish ballad sung by the guys called "Salley Gardens" then we girls came in and sung a funny ballad called "I'd Wed If I Were Not Too Young" which is about a girl who goes to a fair and meets her sweetheart but keeps telling him that she can't marry him cause she's too young but at the end she declares "I'd wed for I was not too young!" The first half of the program was Irish stuff in honor of St. Patty's day. We had a couple beautiful guitar and violin Irish solos and duets as well as some Irish tap/step dancing. Then came the popular/modern music. As a choir we sang a couple songs from musicals.
Then my heart started beating a million beats per minute cause I had my solo-- haha, just kidding! I was a little nervous though! I sang and played piano to the Colbie Calliat song "You Got Me". I think it went just fine...not as good as I wanted but that doesn't really matter! Then I hopped over to the piano for our band to play a few songs and ended on a jamming "25 or 6 to 4" by...I want to say Chicago? But yes, it was a wonderful concert. I really enjoy the first half of the semester for choir cause it's our modern music, now we're going to move to more classical operatic stuff-- which is not as fun but good cause I need to learn it!!
We had a beautiful day for our concert yesterday!! My goodness, tomorrow really is the first day of spring. I did my homework outside and actually had to wonder if I was getting a sunburn!!! No sign of it today but, hey, at least it was a possibility! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment