Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Informative Speech Topic Choice

This summer I’ve opted to take a few classes to lighten my load, in the semesters to come. I am currently taking Public Speaking, and it has proven to be a very interesting class. Not only am I honing in on my communication skills, but I’ve also been given the opportunity to further explore unique topics as speech material. This week I’ve been given the assignment of choosing an informative speech topic and I’ve narrowed my options to something that I’ve previously learned about in my psych classes here at Corning. My first instinct was to choose my three favorite sub-categories of psychology and define, explain, and illuminate all of their valuable contributions; after giving it some thought, I’ve come to the realization that may be a little dry, and although it’s an exciting topic to me, it just may put my audience to sleep. So I thought about it, I brainstormed, I discussed it over breakfast, and I finally came up with a worthwhile topic. Britney Spears: A Psychological Assessment!  Psychoanalysis and behaviorist theories that aim to explain her transition from a Disney star to a full-fledged whack-job! Who doesn’t wonder, from time to time, how on earth someone who was once a role-model for children has taken such a sharp turn towards drugs, alcohol and racy tabloid articles. Stay tuned while I use knowledge and resources from both my General Psych and Adolescent Psychology class to illuminate the craziness that lies within Britney Spears!

No comments:

Post a Comment