Friday, March 26, 2010

Music is a Word-less Story by Jenn

Yesterday I got to catch half an hour of some of the most beautiful live music I've ever heard before! I don't remember their names, but one of them played the Cello and the other played, I believe some kind of spanish guitar. I'm not good with stringed instraments! However, I do know that it was definately some if not the most beautiful music I've ever heard... they really complimented each other. And one of the most important things I've learned as a musician is that if you don't feel the music, your audience won't. You know what I mean by "feel" like really get into it-- like when you treat music like a word-less story. Wow, that's a pretty deep way to describe music... I'm impressed with myself...a word-less story...I'm going to use that as my title! Usually I have corny titles so a deep one should be a nice change... um, but, their music was definately expressing emotion. It was all mexican/spanish style. Oh, the Spanish really knew how to play the guitar! And a lot of it was soft and sorrowful. Like the kind of music you would like to cry to. I love music writen in minor keys-- ok, music 101: music writen in major keys sound happy (well, usually they do. I'm generalizing so don't get angry at me music people who know more than I do!) and minor keys sound like the kind of backround music you get in a movie when the girl walks in the pooring rain to cry at the place she met the boy who broke her heart.
Sticking with the musical theme, we are learning a song writen in GERMAN in voice class...hahaha....I've never taken a language and most kids there can't speak German so if you need a comic relief, come down to the basement of the R building from 12 to 1 and listen to us butcher this language.
Before I leave you for the weekend (which I hope everyone has a great one!) I must ask what is up with this snow and cold weather?! we are officially in Spring time and the weather men had better start doing their job right!

No comments:

Post a Comment