Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Crunch Time by Jenn

The big concert is this Thursday! And we're starting to really feel it in both the Voice and Instrumental Ensemble. We're polishing up songs, memorizing the program, and hoping there's no train wrecks! I'm pretty excited cause although it's nice to just enjoy playing a song, it's a totally different thing to perform. I know some people don't like performing in front of an audience, but I personally do better with an audience cause you have that surge of adrenalin that usually helps you perform the song (hopefully) better than you have before. Haha, honestly, I love concerts cause it's show-off time!
So if you're interested in coming out the details are: room R004 (the lower level of the administration building), Thursday March 19th from 12:30-1:30ish. And if you can't come for the whole time, don't worry about interrupting anything because many people have to come late or leave early with classes and such. However, if you have to cut one end short, I'd say come late and stay for the ending because I believe they serve refreshments afterward :)

On the same musical note (hehehe-- pun intended!) .... I had Music Theory class today and it made me laugh!! Our teacher brought in a box of homemade drums...we had a saw that you could bend and hit with a stick, some pots and pans, I got a cookie container and a drum stick...and we formed our own "Stomp" band! It was pretty cool! It actually didn't sound that bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment