Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sneezing and Wheezing by Jenn

Stop what you're doing.
Right now.
Freeze!
Follow these steps immediately. This is not a drill.

Step 1) Run to the nearest sink.
Step 2) Wash those hands!

It's cold season! And yes, maybe I'm being a little dramatic. But then again, maybe I'm not... After all, the sore throats will show you no mercy. The sneezes will stop at nothing. And the coughs and headaches will fight to the death.
All joking aside, I'm learning the hard way how important it is to keep those hands clean. Yup, the enemy got me. Today I had an audition for a Talent Show that's going to be held here at Corning and it's no fun singing with a sore throat. But thankfully, I'm doing a duet so I simply sang alto and kept to those lower notes. However, I'm really hoping I'll be victorious over this cold enemy by next Friday, because the Talent Show is then.

The Musical Talent Show is Friday, May 7th at 7:00pm in room R004. I'm really excited about the Talent Show because, with an admission of $1, all the proceeds are going to benefit the Haiti Relief Program. Our own Psych Club is taking the initiative in leading this thing, and anyone and everyone is welcome to come!! So invite your friends and family because this will probably be one of the most enjoyable ways you've ever donated before! I haven't heard all the songs that are going to be performed for the concert, but from what I heard today, we definitely have some pretty talented people up here. Some people even wrote their own song! That's impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment