Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Love To Laugh: HaHaHaHa by Jenn

Okay, I could try to write some deep inspiring post about impersonal stuff, but today I've decided to be your comic relief. Maybe your sitting at your computer and have had one of those days or you have a lot of stuff to get to. But for the moment, lighten up and prepare to laugh at me and yourself.

Right, so, we all have funny moments. Most of us have them everyday but I've noticed that it takes true talent to point them out and laugh at them. Why does it take talent? Because usually they're tiny things that might happen regularly and we get used to them happening. Like when you're in a rush because you're late to class but you feel like you have to grab a quick breakfast at Wegmans or you'll die. So you rush to leave but accidentally throw your change all over the floor making sounds like mini bombs because it's so quiet cause the only people there are a handful of elderly people. Sound familiar??! However, for some of us that's how we/I start my day. And we're only getting started! I'll share one more to lighten you up and hopefully help you along in your ability to spot these things that happen to take our mind off the paper that's due in the morning or the test that we need to study for.

Well, after Wegmans yesterday, I go to fill my car with gas at one of the gas stations on Denison. After I put the nozzle in and start filling my tank I get it in my mind that I need to jump over the cord/tube that's filling my car with gas so that it's on the other side of my body. Don't ask me why, because it was fine on my left but I just got a sudden compulsion that made me want it on my right. So, I try jumping over it even though it's lowest part was only a little below my hip. Do I have to go on?!

Thankfully I couldn't get over it so I didn't trip, but everyone just saw a girl randomly jump/throw herself to the left and they didn't know that I was trying to be super athletic and jump two feet up in the air (while holding the nozzle in place...oh boy!!)

There you have it. I'm sure this post won't alter the course of your life, but I can encourage you to keep in mind how important it is to laugh at ourselves when these tiny things happen. In the midst of a season that can be very stressful as we near finals, don't let small but funny moments slip by without noticing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment