Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Love Me Some Basketball by Ryan

Every once in a while I get really, really tired of doing something that I normally love. Maybe it's just human nature; I don't know. I love to read, but sometimes I'll go for weeks and not want to pick up a book. I love being with friends, but sometimes I just want to be at home. Well, I recently went through a stretch like that with basketball. After the season ended, I didn't even want to touch a ball for a while. I didn't watch it on t.v, read about it, or especially play it. For the last couple of weeks, the desire to play has been building up and I couldn't wait to get out and run again.

I finally was able to play on Tuesday for intramurals and it felt AWESOME! Everything felt like i was doing it for the first time in years. The feeling of running, cutting, passing, and sliding on defense just felt incredible. My shot was off understandably, but even that felt good. There weren't quite enough for full 5 on 5, but it was still good competition. A faculty member even joined in the games and was better than most of the students. Overall, it was a ton of fun as we played, switching teams in between games and having fun.

I'm hoping to play for the rest of the school year, as it's a good time and takes my mind of school for a little while. I would definitely encourage people to come out and play. It's not high stakes or anything, just good basketball. It's a great way to escape the press of finals and finishing up classes. Even if you don't play basketball, find some way to get active during this last month of school. Go outside and enjoy some fresh air whenever you can!

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment