Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Kickoff


Hello everyone! My name is Ryan Andryshak and I am very excited to be a part of the new CCC blogging team. This is my first experience blogging, and although I am slightly nervous, I’m greatly looking forward to this.
So now, where to begin? I will show life at CCC from my perspective as a student. I will be providing reminders about big events coming up on campus and sharing my college experiences both in and out of class. I am also a member of the Red Barons basketball team, so I intend to provide a look into various aspects of athletics and intramurals on campus.
Since this is my first blog post, I should provide some background about myself. As I said, my name is Ryan Andryshak and I am in my freshman year at CCC. I was homeschooled throughout high school and attended a different college last year before coming back home due to a shoulder injury. I actually enjoy being in school and I’m happy to be back at it after Christmas break.
I am a big history fan and plan on remaining in a school setting as a history professor. I also love music (been playing drums for 5 years) and I have a growing interest in computers (really anything electronic). But most of all, I have a love for sports that turned into an obsession at an early age. I am still looking for a sport I don’t enjoy, but by now I doubt if I’ll find one. I’m still not sure if the term “gym rat” is a compliment or an insult, but either way I guess I’m stuck with it. My body didn’t really leave me a choice. In my biology lab the other day I found out that most people’s arms are 40% as long as their entire body; mine are 47%. My shoes are size 14, which really messed up an experiment comparing foot size with body height. Maybe that’s why I play basketball; I never had a choice to begin with.
I am enjoying this tremendously, and this is just the beginning! Be on the lookout for my future blogs as well as the ones written by Jenn, our other blogger. We hope you’ll continue reading as we continue to take a look into life at CCC.

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment