Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Friends and Familia...by Jenn

Funny story of the day: my bestest friend ever, Amy, and I found out how to feed ourselves lunch on a shared budget of $1.15. And as if our supplies didn't present enough challenge, her food allergies and my chocolate addiction craving added to it. It took a lot of trips to the bookstore checkout counter but we finally assembled a very satisfying luncheon array...!

I'd have to say the three life lessons learned at college are how to balance your budget, how to balance your school, and how to balance your friend and family time.

I think balancing family time is the hard one for everyone...it is for me! I come from a family of 5. Dad, whom I jokingly call Papa to make him feel old, bought me my first ever Valentines Day flowers this week!! It made me so happy cause usually us kids get stuck with the Walmart chocolate and Mom gets flowers and taken out to dinner. I have two younger brothers...although most people assume Jared-- who's turning 16 this year-- is the oldest cause he's at least half a foot to a foot taller than me. However, then they start talking with us and they see how much more mature I am than him and... jk! He's the steady peace maker in the house. Which is good cause my little brother Matthew (9 years old) and I are emotional bombs.

Matthew is probably going to play professional sports one day-- if he can ever figure out which sport is his favorite. One of my favorite things to do on a summer day is to go watch him play baseball in the Little League--simply hilarious!!! The little boys out there are drop dead cute!!! But you have to act like they are tough "men" doing hard work. One time a friend of mine told Matt how adorable he was in his game and he's hardly spoken to her since then!!

So that's the scoop on the Snapp household. Hope everyone is finding time amidst the craziness of life to get some relaxing time with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment