Thursday, February 25, 2010

An Imperfect Storm by Ryan

I am sitting on campus at CCC typing this post, and when I look outside I am nearly blinded by all this white fluffy stuff outside. The snowfall up here is unreal. I walked into class today with barely any snowflakes falling. I sat down, looked outside, and I swear it was snowing five times more than before I entered the building. Unfortunately, in bad weather, colleges must deal with the scenario of more snow equaling less students.

The worst thing about this storm is the timing. Break week officially begins when classes let out tomorrow, and that means teachers won't see their students again for a week and a half. Students and professors are scrambling to make adjustments to their testing in case of a school closure tomorrow.

If school is not closed tomorrow, I will make every effort to attend classes because it will make it easier for me to finish any pre-break work that needs to be done. Of course if coming to school tomorrow could be dangerous in the weather, I will most likely stay home and get refreshed for a new start when we return. Have a great break!

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment