Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Break week! by Jenn

I have to say I really like the classes that only go for a few months cause they make me feel like I've accomplished a lot! I had my Vegetarian class final yesterday, for it we had to make a (vegetarian) dish. I wanted to make something I've never made before cause I was feeling creative so I went on the Wegmans website and found this recipe that could be either breakfast or dessert. It was honey and cinnamon sprinkled over pineapple slices which were then (suppose to be) grilled but since I hate the cold, cooking it over the stove worked just fine! May I highly recommend it, delicious! Oh, then you sprinkle the pineapple over yogurt.

I can't believe break week is next week... I'm looking foward to catching up on school and laundry and family and friends. And of course, as always, I'll do fine with the catching up on friends and family and do horribly with catching up on the work! But, you never know, maybe this break week will be like no other. Maybe we'll all turn into supermans and be so productive we'll run out of stuff to catch up on...I always think this way and make a list of stuff to get done on break week but by the time break week actually roles around, amazingly the to-do list looses it's importance. However, I learned recently that there are two ways to keep time. One is to see it as law-- meaning if I have to get something done at a certain time, it has to be done or the world will come to an end. And the other is to see time as a guidline-- so if we don't get to it today, we'll get to it tomorrow or the next day. I think a little of both views of time is important. The US is ranked number one in being (there's a certain name for it) tied to time as a law. I think it's healthy to loosen our grip every now and then and just let time happen.

Speaking of relaxing, this Thursday (25th), from 12:30 to 1:30, in room R004 is the first Midday Concert of the semester. I believe it's a flute performance by a graduate student from Ithaca College. Even if you can only make part of it, its worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment