Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Intense Intramurals by Ryan

The second semester is here, and that means only one thing: Intramurals (with classes coming in a close second.....lol). Honestly, the intramurals are one of my favorite things about CCC. Right now, they are on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:15 to about 1:45.
During the first semester, we spent around a month each on basketball, indoor soccer, and volleyball in that order. This semester, I believe we are going in reverse. Volleyball started last week, and we will be ending with basketball. This is my first year here so I haven’t participated in spring intramural basketball before, but I have been told that it’s awesome. Before, they’ve had three point and foul shooting contests, a 3-on-3 tournament, and other fun games. I can’t wait for that to start up after the basketball season is over.
Aside from basketball, volleyball is definitely my favorite. There is no league play, so each week new teams are made up. It makes it fun because friends can always be on the same team and good players (the women's’ volleyball team) can form a squad for the other teams to gun for. Some of the most fun times are when the womens’ team gets together to make a really, really good team and every other team is scrambling to keep up. I would definitely encourage everyone to come over and try it out. It’s a ton of fun, and a great way to spend the afternoon if you don’t have a class.

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment