Friday, February 5, 2010

Family


Like most students, my family has played a large role in my college existence. Whether it’s hard things like figuring out classes and major requirements, or the simpler things like waking me up when I sleep past my alarm (every day), they are always there for support. I am very lucky that my dad is an accountant and my mom majored in math. The mere mention of filling out a financial form scares me, but my parents are always able to help and made the transition from my previous school to CCC painless.
I have two sisters and two brothers. Even though I’m the oldest child, I’m not the only member of my family with ties to CCC. My sister Kristen is also a student here and plays on the women’s basketball team (go Lady Barons!). At first it was weird to go to college with your sister, but we get along really well and I’m really enjoying it. I’m trying to keep this a secret from her, but I inherited the big brother protective streak, so I secretly enjoy it. My best friend John, who my family mentally adopted as my brother years ago, attends the school as well. My mother is one of the smartest people I’ve ever known and just this year became an adjunct math professor at CCC. She has two classes this semester; one on the Elmira campus, and one up here on the hill. Both my mother and father are huge supporters of the CCC basketballs teams and are unbelievably dedicated, with at least one of them attending almost every home and away game this year no matter how far.
I hope that’s enough background about myself. Thanks for reading, and I hope you will stay with me as I begin to explore the life of a student at CCC.
-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment