Friday, May 6, 2011

Yay, it’s SPRING! By Kate Schiller


Are you all ready for SPRINGfest?! For those of you who are new to CCC this semester, SPRINGfest is a week filled of free food, free activities, free give-a-ways and free entertainment! I think it should just be called FREEfest but since the weather is finally acting right, I think we’ll keep the original name.


I look forward to it every year. I’m talking like I’ve been here for 20 years. I’m actually trying to clear my schedule a bit (from work, not classes!) so I can make it to more events this time around. So here’s a quick overview as to what to expect next week. For more details about events head to your MyCCC account and click the “Student” tab then scroll down to “Student Events.” You can click on each one for more details.

  • Monday, May 9 @ noon
    • FREE T-Shirts and entertainment with the HUMAN KNOT (free soft serve pretzels and drinks will be served)
    • Tuesday, May 10 @ noon
      • FREE Ice Cream and the Prize Wheel
    • Wednesday, May 11 @ noon
      • FREE Lunch and entertainment with A PAIR OF NUTS
Did you read my blog about finals coming up? Well, they’re here! If you didn’t know, CCC offers free coffee or tea in the commons building during finals week. I think it’s great that they offer this to students, but what about the ones who don’t drink coffee or tea? I think I need to request hot cocoa. Anyone else a cocoa drinker?


Good luck on your finals and if you aren’t taking summer courses, have a great vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment