Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm going to Disney! by Kate Schiller


Well, it’s official. I got my invite to the Disney College Program! I was offered the role of Attractions which means I could be a Bell Hop at the Tower of Terror or a guide on the Jungle Cruise! There are a lot of smaller roles, but I’m sure you could see why I’d be excited about this. Well, if you’ve been to Disney World. If you haven’t… I’m sorry. You should probably book a trip this fall and come visit me! J I won’t find out what attraction I’ll be working until I check in on August 17th. Who knows? It could be more than one.


Now I need to decide how I’m getting down there and when I want to leave. I’m definitely taking my car. They offer public transportation from your housing to the park and around town. But, I wouldn’t want to be reliant on public transportation especially since one of my brother lives about 45 minutes away from Disney. It’d be nice to visit him whenever I wanted to.


I found out there is an auto-train that takes you and your car from Virginia to Florida! So, now I don’t know if I want to drive the whole way or take the auto-train most of the way. It’s about a 6 hour drive from here to VA, a 17 hour train ride to FL and then another 2 hour drive from the train stop to my brothers. I’ll be staying at my brothers the night before I check in so I don’t have to pay for a hotel. I hear people get there as early as 4 AM to check in even though it doesn’t start until 9 AM. I can understand getting there early because they don’t assign your housing until you get there but really?! 4 AM?!


So, it costs just a tad more to take the auto-train but if you factor in the cost that I wouldn’t have to stop at a hotel, it pretty much evens out. If I take the train I could sleep while we are still moving but if I drove I could stop and see things on the way down. Oh, decisions. But, on the positive side, my brother wants to fly up from FL and travel down with me!


Oh, I’m so excited! I don’t have any advice to give in this blog but just thought I’d share what’s going on in this CCC student’s life. Maybe next blog I’ll talk about my concern of packing everything into my tiny convertible to take down to FL. Oh, man…

No comments:

Post a Comment