Friday, May 13, 2011

Out with the Old by Nick Bonomo


Nick hard at work at the front desk of the Admissions Office
At the end of each year at a college, one can see many people leaving and plans changing, chapters ending and beginning. This is the same for any student ambassador that plans on leaving to attend a transfer school, as I am. I am so grateful to have been a part of this wonderful program, to be paid to do what I truly wish would have been done for me. I was glad to help out the prospective students that were still undecided on what their temporary plans were. I am glad I got to know some great mentors and people along the way. I am glad I can always remember my work and experiences that taught me so much about working in an office setting.

On my way out of the door, I’d like to leave behind some meaningful advice for others: register early, take classes that interest you, stay involved, and always give it your all. College isn’t just about “getting the degree” or “partying all day and night.” A degree allows you to move more quickly into adult life, that’s all. To truly be prepared for this life, you must learn to try your hardest in every class you take, whether it counts toward your degree or not. College is a chance to learn who you are and how you fit into the world. Corning Community College especially taught me these things. However, it is still more than classes and work ethic. It’s a chance to make mistakes and changes to yourself and your plan. It’s a chance to have some fun and to help others. College is, in a sense, a concentrated version of real life. You can choose to use this opportunity to learn to fit into the real world, and I sincerely hope that you do.


Good luck, and register asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment