Saturday, May 8, 2010

Practically Messin' with Stressin' by Jenn

After my last post I thought I post some practical ways I personally like to deal with stress. I'm probably not the best person to offer ways to de-stress. In fact, I'm probably one of the worst cause all you mom's are probably like "kid, if you think you have stress now, just wait"-- I know! But let me just share the ways I personally deal with stress. As I mentioned in my last post, writing stuff down is my number one love. If I even have a little tiny itty bit of stress, I just write down what I have to do and when I can do it and suddenly-- POW! no stress! It works like magic. I find a lot of times that little things clutter and add unnecessary pressure. Like doing laundry or taking overdue books back to the library or remembering to pull the change out of the jeans I wore yesterday. Tiny things that are important but will take minutes add up to become monster piles! That is why I love priority lists.

I also found out that cleaning really does help. I don't mean like the whole spring cleaning dig that takes 5 days to finish, but just straightening up to de-clutter really helps my mind say "ok, we got this". One of my favorite ways to take a deep breath is to play the piano. I like to play mad songs and a few soft and happy or maybe meditative tunes just to help me settle emotions. I realize not everyone can do this but maybe for you this looks like popping in a Spanish classical guitar CD, or some Debussy.
I'd love to hear some other thoughts on how others deal with stress! Got any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment