Friday, May 14, 2010

A Look Back by Ryan

This is a sad post for me to write, as it will be my last post of the year. School is coming to a close, and finals week is reserved for nothing but school. The last day of classes is here, which is always bittersweet. It's great to look forward to summer and not being in school, but it is hard to say goodbye to the fun and the relationships that have been built over the school year. For my final post, I thought I would take a look back at my time as a blogger for CCC. It has been an incredible ride, and I am so thankful for this opportunity.

When I first walked into admissions last semester, I wasn't looking for a blogging job. I was just looking for any kind of work I could find. I was told about a potential blogging program, where student bloggers would share stories of their life at school and special events on campus. I love to write, so I offered to be a blogger and became part of the initial team. During the first semester, we had multiple meetings to plan the implementation of the blogging program. We made an initial site, which turned into the full-fledged blog you are reading now.

Once the second semester began, we got to work actually blogging. I was in the middle of basketball at the time, which provided a lot of rich material for posts. Once the season was over, my attention shifted and I was able to write on a variety of topics, from studying methods to baseball to special campus events. I greatly enjoyed posting and reading the blogs of our other students bloggers. We had special events for the whole Student Ambassador staff such as a Jackals game that was the subject of a special post earlier.

Overall, it was a fantastic year and my sincere thanks go out to everyone who helped with the blogging site. It was a great experience and it really flew by once we got going. Thank you to everyone who read this as well. I hope to see you again soon!

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment