Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thoughts from DISNEY WORLD!


I’ve been postponing my blog because I’ve been overwhelmed with awesomeness. I’ve checked in, I’ve completed my training, I’ve started my job, I’ve gotten home-sick, I’ve had family visit and I’ve adjusted to living in Florida (for the most part.) Life is good.

I am working in Magic Kingdom at Tomorrowland. More specifically I‘m working at Buzz Space Ranger Spin, The Laugh Floor, and Carousel of Progress. The Laugh Floor is by far my favorite attraction at the Magic Kingdom so needless to say, I’ve been thrilled to work there!

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/attractions/buzz-lightyears-space-ranger-spin/
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/attractions/monsters-inc-laugh-floor/

I realized today that I’m only here for about 3 more months. There’s so much I have left to do. I haven’t even gone to the Disney Water Parks or Universal yet! I still need to take a day to explore Downtown Orlando! And let’s not forget a beach trip! My all time favorite band is going to be down here in November so I bought 3rd row tickets! And more of my family will be visiting in December!

A lot of exciting things are happening down here and I’m loving my experience. I think I’m pretty decided that I want to come back home after my program. I’m loving this program, but small-town life is definitely something I enjoy more. And I miss my family! I applied to Keuka's ASAP program for Organizational Management. I think I would love to work at a college campus in an Admissions or Student Life office! But, I'm so indecisive, we'll see if I change my mind before I come home.

I hope all is well back at home! I hope no one was harmed or suffered too harshly from the flooding that I had heard about. Enjoy every minute of your beautiful trees changing colors! And please, please... carve a pumpkin for me. I'm not entirely sure I can do that down here...

Kate Schiller

No comments:

Post a Comment